Excel Formulas Google Spreadsheet
This is a quick attempt to share my favorite excel/google spreadsheet formulas that have saved me a bunch of time.
Here it is: My Favorite Google Sheet Formulas
Find me on twitter at @oconnell if you have any questions.
Most of this is stupid simple things I do regularly and don’t remember the syntax off the top of my head so I put it here. I also used it as the sandbox where I figure stuff out.
I particularly like using the survey form available via Google Sheets and tallying the results.
Some of the things I have included:
- Counting things
- Day and Date stuff
- Trimming names and email addresses
- Concatenating all sorts of stuff – like HTML
- Finding unique values
- Alphabetizing unique columns
- Keeping a cell with a formula that is false blank
- count days available, people responding, who responded
- used it to remove spaces
- split two values like first and last name or after comma or quote or carriage return
- Match name or count specific responses
- Make first letter of each word in each cell in a column capital
- SORT/BLANK – Sort all unique entries alphabetically
- What a certain person responded
- When you want a word and a total count in the same cell like – Cost $29
- Profit Margin
- Print if cell contains
- Changing things to title case
For survey responses
- Looking up responses with vlookup